HARVARD CLUB OF DELAWARE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR:
Delaware Teachers and Leaders to attend the Summer Professional Education Program.
Submission Deadline: January 31, 2020
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Applicants who are current Delaware public, charter, independent, or parochial school teachers and administration
- Applicants who have previously attended the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE) through an organization other than the Harvard Club of Delaware.
- Applicants who complete the on-line application using the Harvard Club of Delaware provided link.
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE?
- Eligible applicants complete the online application using the Harvard Club of Delaware link by January 31, 2020
- Successful applicants as determined by the Harvard Club of Delaware who receive scholarships will be notified in late December and provided a “keyword” to insert into the Graduate School of Education Application.
- Scholarship recipients then complete an additional GSE application.
WHAT ARE THE COURSES AVAILABLE?
Visit the Havard Graduate School of Education website for course discriptions
PreK–12 Professional Development
The Harvard Graduate School of Education's PreK–12 professional education programs are crafted for a broad cross section of stakeholders: superintendents, principals, directors, coordinators, teachers and those who shape or implement educational policy. The overarching focus of these programs is to increase an educator's capacity to improve learning outcomes for all children.
The Principals' Center
Based on the premise that school leaders significantly influence best practice, The Principals' Center offers a variety of professional development programs designed to strengthen your leadership skills for greater impact.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
- Step 1: Application and Essays (online)
- Step 2: Possible telephone/email interview or questions
- Step 3: Selection
- Only a select group of applicants will be considered and sponsored
- Chosen scholarship applicants will be notified by the 2nd weed of Febuary and will be required apply directly to the GSE for addmision to the specified program
- Step 4: Direct Application to GSE (online)
- Apply to GSE.harvard.edu. In the group affiliation question, type in the “Keyword” that will be provided
- Selected GSE applicants will be notified by the GSE directly by April
Receipt of the Harvard Club of Delaware Scholarship does not automatically grant you acceptance by GSE.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
If you are selected and admitted by the GSE, the Harvard Club of Delaware will provide for housing (for educators up to the level of Assistant Principal) and tuition. Hotel accomodations for Administrators will be covered if they are they are the Team Leader of a group of 3 or more. The Harvard Club of Delaware does not cover transportation or food costs.
- Applicants must apply through the link provided by Harvard Club of Delaware website at and not initially through the Harvard GSE directly.
- Receipt of the Harvard Club of Delaware Scholarship does not automatically grant acceptance by GSE. This process is selective both with the Delaware Scholarship and the Graduate School of Education.
- If selected and admitted by the GSE, the Harvard Club of Delaware will provide hotel stay (for educators up to the level of Assistant Principal) and tuition.
- Transportation and food allowance are not provided.
DOES APPLYING AS A GROUP MATTER?
In some cases a courses (such as the Data Wise Institute) require teams of four or more. In addtion, the Harvard Club of Delaware tries to prioritize group applications.
- within a specific school sending both administrators and educators
- within a specific district sending district staff and school administrators/educators
- within the State Department of Education
WHAT ARE THE APPLICATION ESSAYS?Applicants are required to write one essay and provide a breif description of why you want to attend the HGSE:
ESSAY A - PRE K-12
Explain a decision you made this school year that you feel has had the most impact on student growth and learning? How did you come up with the idea that prompted the decision? How did you evaluate the outcomes? (1000 word limit)
ESSAY B – PRINCIPAL'S CENTER
According to several education researchers, the role of the school principal is continually evolving. What do you consider this emerging role to be? What are the challenges in meeting the varied demands that the role requires?
I HAVE A QUESTION NOT ADDRESSED HERE. WHO DO I CONTACT?
Contact the HGSE Summer Scholarship Committee at the Harvard Club of Delaware, at HCDScholarship@gmail.com